• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TU_Later

Electric Windows..

TU_Later

One boiling hot morning last week my Pug decided the passenger electric window wasn't going to work.. If I press the up button you can see the window moves up but when I press for the window down it does nothing.. The window's closed so its not that tragic at the moment :D And when I press the window up or down on the drivers side there's nothing in the way of movement at all!

miamichris

window regulators/motors, or the switches, or the wiring. Get investigating!

S@m

XU engine service and maintenance section!?

damien

my vote is on the wiring, if the drivers side dose nothing but the passinger side goes up

pug_ham

Since when have electric windows had anything to do with XU Engine & Gearbox Service and Maintenance? Moved.

My vote is for a dirty switch first port of call. Dust builds up inside & stops them makingcontact, see if swapping them round gets it working properly.

Graham.

miamichris
Since when have electric windows had anything to do with XU Engine & Gearbox Service and Maintenance? Moved.

My vote is for a dirty switch first port of call. Dust builds up inside & stops them makingcontact, see if swapping them round gets it working properly.

Graham.

B)

Simes

Before you rip out motors and then the wiring like I did and many others have.....I bet you some pounds that the cause is the failure of the passenger window switch on the drivers side.

TU_Later

Yeah, apologies about the section I posted in.. I was on my mobile tinterweb and just desperately needed to post!

Thanks Lads, I'll get onto it now before I venture to Weymouth today!

Steve

Edited by TU_Later

discodeek

any joy with this ??-i have something similar -drivers window wont go down- i could sort of manipulate it down but it comes up no bother - any ideas ?

large

Another vote for the passenger switch on the drivers side. For want of a better term the widow switcher are interlocked with each other so you cant push the one switch up and the other down and try and drive the motor in two directions

discodeek
Another vote for the passenger switch on the drivers side. For want of a better term the widow switcher are interlocked with each other so you cant push the one switch up and the other down and try and drive the motor in two directions

are these still avail to order ?

thanks

S@m
are these still avail to order ?

thanks

I believe the part you need is 6553.72, electric window switch for 205's and BX's. They arent shown as NFP on peugeot or citroen service so are likely to be available, should be £9.86+VAT.

Sam

yeti-dj

think i have about 25 spare window switches at home from various 205's and 405's, i went through a stage of "borrowing" them whenever i was in a scrapyard, haha

Sure i could spare you one f.o.c but i'm offshore and not home for the next 3 weeks if you can wait?

Edited by yeti-dj

blniasgti

i have a tonne of switches too pm me if still needed

Atari Boy
i have a tonne of switches too pm me if still needed

I have the same problem, Would it be cheeky to drop you a PM?