• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scotty

Lost My Headlight Glass

scotty

Went to a friends house yesterday and on the way home heard a funny noise and thought i had driven over something on the road turns out i was right as when i got home my passenger headlight glass was missing would not mind if it was the driver side as it needs replacing any way, just as well i have a new pair sitting in the passenger side foot well waiting to be fitted :D

jimistdt

That's your cars way of saying, 'Get on with it', hope you haven't got a spare engine in the shed! :D

:D

scotty
That's your cars way of saying, 'Get on with it', hope you haven't got a spare engine in the shed! :D

:D

Don't say things like that i have another gti for spares with engine still in it already got to change the rear beam as my one has gone so please don't wish an engine change on me :D

CaptainP

Same happened to me once as I pulled away from some traffic lights. I thought someone had thrown a glass bottle at the car!

scotty

Replaced the headlights now have to sort the driver side out again at some point as one of the connections that hold the light in is damaged but its ok for now.

joe1joe

the head light glass falling out seems to happen to everyone....

scotty

I hope it don't happen to me again any time soon i have no spares now :huh:

boldy205

I was washing mine and the glass fell out! most amusing, french build quality i thought!

GLPoomobile

Mine also fell out whilst washing :) Bit weird that it can withstand all those vibrations and then just fall out as you pass a sponge over it!

Don't really remember what I did to fix it, except that I went and bought something from Halfords. I think I just used one of the Loctite silicone sealant products and sellotaped it in position whilst it was drying.

SurGie

Clear silicone does the job well, take off the masking tape before it cures though.

scotty

the ones i have fitted now have small clips holding the glass on so hopefully that will help keep them on this time :)