• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ra**ye

How Low To Go On Rear Torsion Bar? Advice

Guest ra**ye

Hi iv bought a 205 GTI its a 1.6 shell with mi16 engine,

It has billstein suspention all round (35mm front drop) but the rear has not been lowered yet.

Here is a side on pic, its got the billstein shocks on the back, which is why i asume it looks higher than standard!

side view <CLICKY

What i need to no is how many clicks to go down on the back??? dont want it looking to low and chavy just true to the front! just to save me two trips to a garage and money, Thanks for any help or tips in advance. Sean :blush:

Edited by ra**ye

jimistdt

Whats wrong with how it's sat? :blush:

You want to pull the beam apart then set the ride height at the desired level then relocate the torsion bars.

From the centre of the damper mounting bolts around 320mm will get you in the right direction.

Has that got a base model beam on?

Edited by jimistdt

Guest ra**ye

Im not sure what beam it has on it.

im not very mechanicaly minded, but is the rear beam similar setup/layout as a 106 rear beam? (as 1/2 notchs on a 106 beam lowers it enough) as me and my dad had a go at lowering my old rallye.

Hence why im probs guna pay someone to do it lol!

jimistdt

Time to familiarise yourself with the car then :(

It'll be an expensive mode of transport if you're going to pay other people to do all the work on it.

Have a look of this thread. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...*++beam*++tors*

Copy and paste 'Beam* +lowe* +height* +tors*' into the search bar above and have a moochy through some of the old topics. :)

scotty

From what i was told when i had my beam done 1 click is 40m down and that's what my car is now the front is down 30m and from looking at how the car sits i would say what i was told is right but im sure if i am wrong some one will point this out :(

jord294

clicks ! notches ! :(

do the job properly, and measure the distance between shock absorber mounts

to get the rear to sit level with the -35mm front, the measurement should be about 315mm