• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grantley1988

Dash Lights Stop Working Now Cd Player....

grantley1988

The other night driving home when i turned the lights on my dash lights failed to come on. The petrol red light works, as does the red box on the temp and oil. When i turn on the lights the green lamp in the middle of the dash comes on aswell. So its just the speedo and rev counter lights that do not work.

What can i look at to fix this?

Now my cd player has stopped working! i have took the cd player out and have reset it and reconnected the plug that feeds into it.

Could both these be a coincidence.... don't no where to start!

hope you can help!

205*31*
The other night driving home when i turned the lights on my dash lights failed to come on. The petrol red light works, as does the red box on the temp and oil. When i turn on the lights the green lamp in the middle of the dash comes on aswell. So its just the speedo and rev counter lights that do not work.

What can i look at to fix this?

Now my cd player has stopped working! i have took the cd player out and have reset it and reconnected the plug that feeds into it.

Could both these be a coincidence.... don't no where to start!

hope you can help!

possible fuse blown somewhere?

jackherer

The first thing to check for the dash lights is the connection to the dimmer rheostat under the steering column.

When you took the stereo out was there any sign of moisture? If the heater matrix goes on a 205 it tends to take the stereo with it.