• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

Respray And Panel Questions

gavbrum

I'm gonna be getting my 205 gti reprayed this year and i've been phoning around for quotes. Been quoted between £800-£1000 locally in Dundee. Phoned Ecosse Peugeot of Bo'ness and the quoted me me £1500 for a full refresh. When I told them both front wings had pretty bad rust and that i'd bought 2 replacement wings they asked if they were aftermarket or Peugeot ones. I told them aftermarket and they said that these were tough to fit and not that great resulting in a poor finish. What do you guys think? Are aftermarket pannels not worth putting on? Also what do you think is a reasonable price for a respray? Any info would be great.

SurGie

For a start this thread is in the wrong forum, it should be in the body interior and ICE forum BTW.

The reproduction wings do fit well enough with a little bit more effort and you have to put your own indicator holes in them. The original wings do have a better quality overall but are now NLA from Peugeot unfortunately :lol:. You could try to get some from some one that is breaking a GTI.

Daviewonder

I think you can still get early genuine wings from Peugeot but they have no side repeater holes so you have to make your own. After market panels can be a bit naff, My friend had aftermarket wings and bonnet on his and it looked s*ite but I guess quality varies from place to place.

gavbrum

oops sorry. Will take note for next time.

matt.f

Some non genuine wings fit ok and you can get them with holes in.Main area of the wing that is normally a bad shape is the front edge where it goes to a point,it's normally too sharp.

There must be somewhere that has genuine wings though.That price seems about right for the respray,anything under £1500 is cheap,quite a lot of labour time is involved.Make sure that price includes doing any little dents and not just to spray over them(heard of that done).

Matt.(panel beater)

Atari Boy

I had my 205 resprayed recently after I drove it into the back of another car. I needed a new wing and GZK 206 on here did the work for me.

As I understand it, the OE ones are galvanised, the after market ones are not. Genuine wings are still available but bas already said, you will need to make the indicator holes.

matt.f

Yeah they are Galvanised oe ones,think they are circa £100 from Pug.I put a non gen one on my rallycar and it doesnt fit too bad.I took all the primer off that it came with and put some good stuff on from work to the outside and inside, painted inside/outside,then anti-stonechipped the inside so should be ok rust wise.

joe1joe

well i have a none genuine bonnet and the fitment is very good, but seems to want to rust on the joints.... think Galvanised bonet cant be beaten so would be the same with wings... any stonechips would start to rust...

gavbrum

The panels are Olman panels from Hadrian pannels. Anyone used or heard of these before? Anyone know if they are any good?

kingboyk

That £1500 quote from Ecosse - what does that include?

Stevo309

In the past I had my 309 resprayed twice by ecosse in different colours and their workmanship is superb. Believe me that quote will not be for a quick overspray and will include everything needed for a superb finish I'm sure. I know for a fact that they use top quality paints and their premises are superb.

My 205 will need a respray soon once I have got it running and handling how I want and have been getting quotes of £2000+ down here for a full respray including engine bay.

A mate of mine is an insurance assessor and he recommended Hadrian panels to me

kingboyk

I think my car may be going on holiday to Scotland next year then!

GLPoomobile

Knowing what Ecosse are like for charging premium prices, if their resprays are really that good, then what does £1500 actually get you? I'd have thought they'd be charging more in the region of £2500 for a proper full respray.

blessed6383

in my opinion the more you spend the better the job will be as my car had a respray before i bought it and they cut corners/tryed to save cost by not having the windows removed etc and has caused some bubbling around the rear screen and just looks very untidy/ slight over spray on rubbers, and signs of the old miami blue showng through in places.spend a bit more and get the job done properly and not a shut door respray