• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sobaru'

Suspension And Brake Setup For A V6

Sobaru'

I am going to mount a v6 in a 205 shell and so far I hawe most of the parts needed to make the conversion (shortend drive shafts,modified subframe etc..) As I go along with the work i want to upgrade the brakes and suspension to try and regain some of the spoiled handeling.

I would need your opinion/sugestion/advice on the setup I want to go for!

Soo... for the brakes I'm thinking about using the 307 big brake conversion with the 283x26 mm discs and calipers for the front and the 205's 1.9 rear disc brakes.

As for the suspension it's currently from a 1.6 gti,because this build is on a budget i'l keep the dampers and change the springs (can't aford coilovers at the moment) What are the best springs for this much weight up front that will fit standard gti dampers? Bare in mind that i want to keep the original ground clearance as the sump will be quite a bit lower then the subframe and where i live the roads are bumpy to say the least :lol:

Pleas give me some advice regarding ARB and torsion bars also :lol: (can't find 309 gti16 ARB in romania,the best i found has 21mm....should i use this??)

I want the car to handle as well as posible beacause i'll be using it on road and sometimes on track.

When I hawe all the parts i'll get to it seriously and i'll also make a project page to keep you guys up whit the progress.

Sobaru'

I heard Peugeot Partnet springs can be used for such a project. Any experience whit these springs?????

DRTDVL

306 spring will work in the 205.

Miles

I'd use GTi6 calliper's, 307 ones are OK but decent pads cost allot more.

Suspension wise, abit I;ve yet to drive the one I have but it sit's pretty near std, Mind thats a 309 but not much different to the 205