• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spark-plug

306 Dt

spark-plug

Hi i know its a 205 forum but its still french lol. Basicly i just got a 306 TD that im going to do a veg oil conversion on its got 17 ich alloys on lowered i would say 1 spline and it looks level so would say -50mm on the front i like the look but rubs on the front whats my options? harder shocks stiffer springs? any advice be a god send :lol: o and cheap options i dont want to splash out on another set of billys lol

Edited by spark-plug

welshpug

Take it up to 25/30mm lowered and get some 15"s!

spark-plug

wont that make the back lower than the front?

Anthony
wont that make the back lower than the front?

Then adjust the rear to match...

welshpug

indeed!

without stiffening these up with higher poundage springs front and rear with appropriate dampers 25-30mm is about the limit for most pugs.

if you 17"s rub regardless of the height, they're either too wide (usually the tyres not the rim) or have the incorrect offset (probably too low if they rub on the outer arch) running too low and too soft will exacerbate the issue.

Guest Ben306
indeed!

without stiffening these up with higher poundage springs front and rear with appropriate dampers 25-30mm is about the limit for most pugs.

if you 17"s rub regardless of the height, they're either too wide (usually the tyres not the rim) or have the incorrect offset (probably too low if they rub on the outer arch) running too low and too soft will exacerbate the issue.

Block of wood and roll the arches back :lol:

oz.

Get the right size wheels for the car ;)

16" is the biggest that work realistically on a 306. Unless you have a Dimma that is.

15" works nicely performance wise.