• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cheesegrater

Removing Console Surrounding The Gearstick?

cheesegrater

Hi could some please tell me how to remove the lower console surrounding the gearstick, I need to get to the gear stick/linkage seals. Also does any one know where I can get new seals from?

Thanks,

Tom.

monkee87

To remove the console, undo the 2 screws by the gear stick, they should be obvious. The gaiter should then lift up to show a 10mm bolt, take that out too. Undo the 2 screws either side of it. Your radio needs to be out for this bit, and the frame the radio sits in. There will be 2 8mm nuts which you undo.

Console should now be free. :huh: Carefully lift up the back, behind the gear stick and pull it back. Should slide free. Hope that makes sense.

cheesegrater
To remove the console, undo the 2 screws by the gear stick, they should be obvious. The gaiter should then lift up to show a 10mm bolt, take that out too. Undo the 2 screws either side of it. Your radio needs to be out for this bit, and the frame the radio sits in. There will be 2 8mm nuts which you undo.

Console should now be free. :huh: Carefully lift up the back, behind the gear stick and pull it back. Should slide free. Hope that makes sense.

Ace i'll give it ago tomorrow. Thanks! Radio should be fun to remove seeing as my radio came with no keys to remove it ;)

monkee87

2 knives are always good for taking radios out. That's if you have an aftermarket one. OE one, just use 4 nails and bend them slightly.

Henry Yorke

The bushes for the gear stick are about 40p each from Peugeot. However if you are looking to eliminate play from your gearstick, I am afraid it won't be just that. I would look for some of Miles' gear linkage rods as they will do the trick