• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergio205

Wilwood Dynalite Ii + 247 Mm Vented Discs (+)

Sergio205

Hi there!

I ve just finished fabrication at first place and installation at the second of Wilwood Dynalite II 4-pot brakes on my car.

137963769.jpg

137963765.jpg

I have a regular 1.1L car manufactured in 1992. It has MC from 1.9 model of 20.6 mm in diameter. As far as I am going to swap rear drums to disc breaks and due to the lack of calipers my rear brakes are plugged.

So the question is that after the installation of new brakes the brake pedal travel increased, I expected it and want to doublecheck it with gurus if the installation of bigger MC from 206 (22.6) or 406 (23.8) will reduce pedal travel???

shalmaneser

fitting a bigger MC will definitely reduce pedal travel. don't know what the standard MC bore is but fitting those bad boys will definitely increase the brake travel a hell of a lot! The 406 MC will probably be your best bet.

Just to confirm though, you've fitted those monsters to a 1.1?

Have you ever heard of the phrase 'overkill'?!

Rippthrough

The crossover tube is supposed to fit in the cutout you can see at the end of the caliper - helps prevent them getting damaged by stones flicked up from the wheels... :huh:

Sergio205
fitting a bigger MC will definitely reduce pedal travel. don't know what the standard MC bore is but fitting those bad boys will definitely increase the brake travel a hell of a lot! The 406 MC will probably be your best bet.

Just to confirm though, you've fitted those monsters to a 1.1?

Have you ever heard of the phrase 'overkill'?!

Ok, copy that, will be looking for affoordable offer on Pug 406 MC then.

And yes I put them on my 1.1L "beast" - I know what "overkill" means -but We say in Russia "never there are too much of breakes":())

Sergio205
The crossover tube is supposed to fit in the cutout you can see at the end of the caliper - helps prevent them getting damaged by stones flicked up from the wheels... :(

I used aftermarket brake line to make a crossover tube and failed shaping it perfectly to fit this cutout. I am planning to wrap it with a pieace of rubber hose to protect it.

omega

1100cc ,coilovers,big brakes,

i would like to see some pics of the whole car.

Sergio205
1100cc ,coilovers,big brakes,

i would like to see some pics of the whole car.

I have only photos of what I did recently - replaced subframe, installed GAZ coilovers, rebuilt drive shafts, installed Wilwoods, hand made sump guard. I don't have photos of a whole car unfortunatley and to be honest it doesn't look perfect.

Here is a link to Ukranian/Russian website where I posted my recent updates to the car:

My 1.1L Peugeot under reconstruction and upgrades

I still have planty of plans but don't have enough time for that

I am palnning to start my thread here in Project section but a bit later.

Sergio205

rallyman205

hope you are going to use super soft brake pads ,i very much doubt that you will get the heat into those bad boys to get your pads to operating temps otherwise on a 1.1 .just be carefull with the wheel studs you are using they look like the cheap ones we get over here which stretch each time they are tightened up .no critisim intended just friendly advise

rallyman205

heres what happens to the cheap studs notice how they are bent ,these never even got to see the road cars002.jpg

Alan_M

The crossover tubes aren't expensive from Rally Design who still support the old style Dynalite caliper.....I have a set on mine but with 285mm discs.

The take-off should be a 30'offset banjo type which allows the brake flexi to wrap and clip to the struts to keep it out of the way from crap flicking up.

Is that a 3/4" rubber hose on the inner wing connected to the brakeline? :D

Sergio205
hope you are going to use super soft brake pads ,i very much doubt that you will get the heat into those bad boys to get your pads to operating temps otherwise on a 1.1 .just be carefull with the wheel studs you are using they look like the cheap ones we get over here which stretch each time they are tightened up .no critisim intended just friendly advise

I bought pads which operate well at medium temperatures, I don't know if they are soft or not but I haven’t had any problems w/them during 2 weeks after I installed them.

Speaking of the studs: I used shorter ones or the same manufacture for a year with no problems. But I'll keep an eye on them of course.

Sergio205
The crossover tubes aren't expensive from Rally Design who still support the old style Dynalite caliper.....I have a set on mine but with 285mm discs.

The take-off should be a 30'offset banjo type which allows the brake flexi to wrap and clip to the struts to keep it out of the way from crap flicking up.

Is that a 3/4" rubber hose on the inner wing connected to the brakeline? :)

The only problem with the cross-over tubes is that they are either in the Great Britain as the closest or in the United States as the farest and I am in Russia:)))) I converted the crossover tube adaptors from inch thread into metric thread and now I can buy brake lines in any place rather then wait for weeks before they come to my place.

I agree that the way I arrange take off line is not ideal, I think that 90 degrees adaptor could help me as well.

The hose that you are seeing is put onto the brake line by the manufacturer - I guess it is for the brake line protection.