• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tom-hunt

205d Stearing Rack

Guest tom-hunt

hi

thanks again to those who helped answer my other questions . i have now found a compleat set of gti suspension for my 205d rear beam front subframe lower arms hubs and struts. dose anybody know if i can use my existing stearing rack or if that would need to be changes as well ? also will my existing drive shafts fit with the gti hubs or any problems i mite get

thanks

Edited by tom-hunt

foreigner
hi

thanks again to those who helped answer my other questions . i have now found a compleat set of gti suspension for my 205d rear beam front subframe lower arms hubs and struts. dose anybody know if i can use my existing stearing rack or if that would need to be changes as well ? also will my existing drive shafts fit with the gti hubs or any problems i mite get

thanks

I used the original streering rack, hubs shafts and gti subframe, bones, arb, struts. work well so far - apart from f..d shocks.

dee205

They shafts should fit so long as the hubs are from a 1.9GTi afaik. Can use any 205 steering rack. Only difference is lower steering column. The non pas one I removed from my GTi has a square end to mate to same shape rack thingy. The pas I fitted had a splined joint where it met the lower column. As long as you have the lower column that came with the rack you'll be fine.

pug_ham

The 205 d has 1.6 GTI driveshafts but the balljoint is the same size (16mm) throughout the 205 range so you don't need to change anything except the subframe, wishbones & arb / droplinks set up to fit the GTI stuff.

Steering rack will bolt straight across with no changes.

Graham.

dee205

Sorry. Edit from my last post. diesel driveshafts are the same as 1.6 GTi. That's what I have on mine.