• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Raccoon

Rear Axle

Raccoon

My Mum has got a 205 CJ and the rear axle is apparently buggered, the rear drivers side wheel is tilted when compared to the opposite side.

Not sure what a solution is, any help about what to do or where to go for parts would be much appreciated.

Raccoon

Not even sure this is in the right forum, sure someone will move it if it isnt :lol:

Paulmac19
My Mum has got a 205 CJ and the rear axle is apparently buggered, the rear drivers side wheel is tilted when compared to the opposite side.

Not sure what a solution is, any help about what to do or where to go for parts would be much appreciated.

depends on how bad your old one is, it might be fixable and not cost too much to repair

but if your looking something as good as new one of the forum members builds them from scratch

from what i hear they are a work of art, his name is jord294 try sending him a message.

other than that i am sure if you look through the for sale post someone will have a second hand one that will be of good working order

or you can take your chances on one from ebay but you could end up buying one just as bad as your knackered one.

j_turnell

If you have excessive camber on the drivers wheel then the bearings have collapsed and the likleyhood is the beam tube will be scrap. It will need a complete rebuild with new shafts, bearings and a tube. Your best off imo buying a rebuilt gti beam as you'll get the benefits of thicker arb, torsion bars and bigger drums, if you get a 1.6 item.