• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monkee87

Does Anyone Have A Sunroof With A Winding Handle?

monkee87

Hi,

I've just bought a L reg GTi and it has a sunroof with a winder on it. NOT the normal vacuum one. Was quite surprised about that.

Anyway, i'm missing trim off of it, so if anyone has a picture from the outside that'd be great. Mine is in pieces at the moment as the car just got resprayed and i have no idea how it all goes back together..

Thanks, Rob.

AMG-Al

If it winds up at an angle and goes back over the roof with quite a small opening it might be a Britax one. We had one retrofitted by dealer to a 309GTI in 1989. Doubt if I have any pictures but i'll check. Maybe worth a squint at Britax website?

monkee87

This is what it looks like. Basically looks like a normal vacuum one. It's a similar size too. I presume it slides back.

4712783022_a0be73a000_m.jpg

4712779900_e0cc54e758_b.jpg

I don't think it's a brittax one. I think it is factory fit, but just not sure.

Miles

Not factory fit I'm afraid as they where only vacume one's.

Dealers had all sorts fitted and some where spec'd in the acc listings, I know that any parts for the Britax ones are no longer available

monkee87

Cheers Miles.

I saw another late GTi with one of these sunroofs before so i thought it might be standard fit on very late cars.

Don't know if it's possible to retrofit a vacuum sunroof do you..?

GLPoomobile

Note that your sunroof is actually positioned several inches further back than an OE vac sunroof, the front of which starts just behind the map light surround.

monkee87

I had noticed that. OE one is much bigger though. If i can't get the trim bits i need, i'm going to have to do something about it... ;)

Don't want to put the small ones that only open an inch or so, it'd look so stupid that far back. If a Vacuum one fits, then i'll do that. ;)

Other option of course would be to replace the roof, but that just seems so extreme..