• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timstemi16

Speedline Sl 434

timstemi16

hi

just wondered how people have got on using sl434's and a 309 gti beam on a 205.

any problems with rubbing on rear arches

thanks

tim

welshpug

yup they do rub, can't remember who it was though.

Anthony

If you do a search for a project thread from a user called "Platty" there's pictures of SL434's on a 309 beam, and as above, it's not really viable without extensive arch surgery - that extra ¾" makes all the difference (or atleast that's what the ladies say)

Edit - to save you searching, I've found the relevant thread/post here for you.

Edited by Anthony

timstemi16

Ok thanks,

thats great.

cheers for the advice

Henry Yorke

Rom had them too and was talking about making some new rear arches. Personally I would say it is a no go as my SL434's touch on the plastic outer arches on a 205 beam

SurGie

I presume that having -1 or -2 negative camber would help matters when it comes to rubbing, at least i hope it does for my set up.

Henry Yorke
I presume that having -1 or -2 negative camber would help matters when it comes to rubbing, at least i hope it does for my set up.

Obviously it may help, but I very much doubt it will solve unless you run very high at the back

Anthony

Certainly won't be enough to solve the problem - with a 309 beam and ZX arms (1 degree negative camber, using the narrower 205 rear hubs) I still get tyre-arch scrubbage running standard 1.9 wheels and 195/50R15 tyres when it's fully laiden, so it would be hopeless on a wheel ¾" wider IMO.

Batfink

Although the arches are a bit odd underneath, can they not be rolled out???

Henry Yorke
Although the arches are a bit odd underneath, can they not be rolled out???

You could do but it is more the plastic arch trim not covering the wheel. There is a market for some flared rear arches I reckon, similar to the Gutmann ones on the front of my skip, as they have a bigger radium and are wider. The rear panel would not flare easily without creasing the metal above.

SurGie

Im not worried about the metal arch more the plastic one as i wont be having the ride height too low, around the 40mm mark. I would want some original looking wider arches like Henry's if they were any about ??