• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BC Devile

Rallye Mc To Gti6 Mc?

BC Devile

Pedal travels is excessive so thought id upgrade the rallye master cylinder to a gti6 one. Do i need to change the servo aswell or will it bolt stright on the rallye servo?

Also did the gti6 mc come with 4 outlets ive only seen a 2 outlet one so far.

If not which mc comes with a 4 outlets.

monkee87

What brakes are you running? If i remember rightly the GTi6 MC is bigger than a standard 205 one which will give you more pedal travel. Only really need the GTi6 MC if you have GTi6 brakes from what i've read.

Daviewonder
which will give you more pedal travel.

I don't think it does?

RossD

Less pedal travel with a bigger MC, as you are moving a greater volume of fluid for a given pedal 'push'!

BC Devile

Ive been told by the previous owner that it had 309 or 306 calipers. Is there any way i could find out? Will they have a part/code number on them or any way to tell if i measure the disc what they are?

Cheers

monkee87

I always thought you got a better pedal if you were running standard brakes on a standard MC..? Am i just completely wrong in saying that?

I thought if you put the 306 MC on, the pedal goes down further until you actually feel pressure.

Redtop
Ive been told by the previous owner that it had 309 or 306 calipers. Is there any way i could find out? Will they have a part/code number on them or any way to tell if i measure the disc what they are?

Cheers

If you are going to measure the discs, you might as well stick up a few pics on here of the calipers along with the measurements and someone is bound to know what they are off. Pictures speak a thousand words sometimes. Is it still on standard drum brakes on the rear and just the 3 pipes from the master cylinder? 1 pipe to the rear and 2 to the front wheels?

j_turnell

If your running standard brakes you dont need a bigger master cylinder, if its a rallye it should have standard solid 247mm disks, if its had gti brakes fitted they will be 247mm vented, the standard mc will be fine for this.

If you have 306gti-6 283mm brakes or alike fitted then the pedal travel will be long due to the extra fluid needed. As the base models are 4 port, the 23mm 406 mc will be the better option and will help reduce the pedal travel.

BC Devile

Thanks for the replies Ill need to wait till next weekend till i can get a picture up, as my mate is borrowing my jack. Dont think the brakes are standard i can just fit my finger between the wheel and the caliper. Was thinking of getting some braided lines too which will give it a less spongy feel. Yes its still on drums on the back and the master cylinder has 4 outlets.

Edited by BC Devile

BC Devile

20062010426.jpg

20062010427.jpg

Finally got a picture, the disc is about 240/245mm any ideas. The pads had wear indictor wires coming off them but have been cut if this helps.

DaveW

They are 306 TD 247mm vented if they are the same ones i fitted on to it.

welshpug

as above, same as a Saxo VTR/VTS and 106 GTi, same discs as a 1.9 gti, saxo/106 with vented discs and 306's with the same diameter vented discs.

BC Devile
They are 306 TD 247mm vented if they are the same ones i fitted on to it.

Thank you so much thats a massive help. No point in changing to 205 gti calipers then may aswell just get good pads and discs for them and braided hoses.

Will 205 1.9 gti discs fit and 106 gti pads fit?

welshpug

yes, as I said above ;)