• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJA_GTi

Sorrento Green Touch Up Kit From Pug?

AJA_GTi

Hi - I'm doing a touch up/ paint correction project on a members Sorrento boot lid and have bought the touch up kit from Peugeot.

As the paint is metallic and pearl do you tend to use laquer before wet sanding and buffing or leave it out for smaller chips?

I can see it has a layer of clearcoat being a later model so differs from my early cherry red paint so I would think the laquer is needed for a perfect finish I know how im going to tackle it but thought I'd put the question out to Sorrento owners who obviously know best! :lol:

dee205

I would personally wetsand after every layer. Even the final colour coat. Then clear coat and wet sand that too. Then buff the whole lot.

There's lots of different method tbh so I'm sure you'll hear a few different methods.

Damien

AJA_GTi
I would personally wetsand after every layer. Even the final colour coat. Then clear coat and wet sand that too. Then buff the whole lot.

There's lots of different method tbh so I'm sure you'll hear a few different methods.

Damien

Thanks - I'll give this a go. Ive done stone chip repairs on my cars in the past that ended up looking like zits from building up too much paint before wet sanding. :lol:

Edited by AJA_GTi