• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

Gti6 Set Up -what Hoses

stuart1298

Just bought a pair of gti6 callipers, and over looked one thing, brake hoses, what ones should i be using for the conversion, i have a 1.6, and i no i need to change the hubs,

can anyone help with what hoses, cheers stu

Daxed

'Miles' on here can supply hoses to suit the GTI-6 callipers. Drop him a PM

stuart1298

Well i've found out they do 545mm or 532mm for the gti6 and 325mm or 410mm for a 205, thats the standard stuff, the ends look the same on the pics i have looked at, but till i have everything in front of me, cant really tell, i work at ECP so, as long as i no what ones they are i can get them cheap enough

welshpug

they need to be longer than standard 205 but nowhere near as long as a 306 one, I'd recommend Miles too :D

stuart1298

Well i can work it all out when its all fitted up, but would prefer to have it all ready, i'll pm him in a bit, not meant to be using the comp at work, so on a sligh one, why cant anything be straight forward, so much for a BUDGET project, costing more and more each day, was hoping to do it for under a grand, yeah like thats gonna happen, poxy cars

welshpug

you could just stick with normal gti calipers and get good pads, then you can stick with £6 brake hoses :D

stuart1298

Got a 2.0t lump to stick in, so could do with something a little better, i'm a bit crazy, but not quite suicidal, lol

welshpug

nowt wrong with them as long as you get decent pads!

jackherer

Standard GTI brakes with good pads are more than enough to cope with a 2.0 turbo engine in a 205. It is not a heavy car so it doesn't need massive brakes. Even the XM that your engine is from didn't have 285mm brakes and they weigh loads.

stuart1298

Yeah, my one had the bigger brakes on it, i''ve got the callipers ordered already, and the way i drive i'd feel happier with the bigger brakes,

Daxed

Previous comments re standard brakes are spot on.

1.6 brakes in A1 condition (rare to find these days, get them properly re-manufactured) are awesome with good pads & high temp fluid.

stuart1298

Mine are crap anyway, and i only payed £70 for the callipers, looks like i have a pair of hubs sorted for £50, so not to tragic really