• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Heater Fan Stuck On

christopher

My heater fan in the cabin suddenly runs continuously and will not stop when I turn the control knob..

I'm assuming here that it is control unit on the dashboard that is the problem?? (I have already changed the resistor a year back or so)

I tried cleaning the contacts (under the dial) with brake cleaner but it makes no difference at all.

Could it be anything else (perhaps a relay or something?) ? Else should I just replace the whole unit?

Cheers

Edited by christopher

KRISKARRERA

If you switch the engine off and restart does the fan stop?

christopher
If you switch the engine off and restart does the fan stop?

Just to confirm this is the Heater fan in the Cabin not the radiator fan..

The fan is constantly on when the ignition light are turned on. When I turn the dial it makes no difference to the fan. It is even still running when it is in the closed (recirculate) position

Edited by christopher

pug_ham

Its still most likely to be the heater resistor imo, mine did this as one of its party tricks before dying completely & not working at all.

A couple of years can be a long time in a Pug. :lol:

Graham.

christopher
Its still most likely to be the heater resistor imo, mine did this as one of its party tricks before dying completely & not working at all.

A couple of years can be a long time in a Pug.

Graham.

You are friggin kidding me. I bought a new one from pug because I didn't want the hassle of repairing one again and breaking down in winter..I always thought a broken resistor place meant it didn't work at all

Edited by christopher