• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

106 Gti Brakes

backroadpug

hi i have a 205 rallye will 106 gti discs and calipers fit straight on to the rallye hubs.

welshpug

did your rallye have solid discs and bendix calipers as standard?

backroadpug

yes welshpug . and there crap after 15 mins of hard braking the fade is unbelivable.

also does a 106 gti rear axle fit a 205 and is there any up side on using the 106 servo and master?

thanks

welshpug

the front brakes should go on just fine then, the vented 106 front discs are the same as 1.9 205 ones.

the rear axles does not fit no.

can't see the point of fitting the servo and master from a 106, they'd be much the same as 205 ones.

backroadpug

cheers welsh pug for the replies. forgot to ask if the 14inch steels will still fit over the 106gti calipers

pug_ham
cheers welsh pug for the replies. forgot to ask if the 14inch steels will still fit over the 106gti calipers

Depends what 14" steels you mean but afaik all of them will clear.

106's had 14" wheels as standard didn't they so they should do but I've seen mixed reports on the calipers & 1.9 Girlings are usually mentioned as being better.

The only clearance issues people have had with the is between the 1.9 calipers & hubs on SMR 1.6 alloys but on Speedline 1.6 alloys clearance is tight but there.

Graham.

backroadpug

its the 205 rallye steelz

think im going to buy the whole 106 as its a bargain.Sure if i break it i will get most my cash back.

going to put the engine box and loom in the rallye

only thing is the wiring had a look at a wiring diagram dosent look to complicated :D

i say that now.lol

Eunosfield

106 Gtis had 14" alloys as standard and the 106 Rallye ran 14inch steelies as well with the same brakes so you shouldn't have any clearance problems :-)

welshpug

205 rallye steels are 13"....

but do still fit over vented 1.6 discs, not sure if they'll fit over 1.9 though.

backroadpug

o well must be 106 rallye wheels then