• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Rear Light Lenses (ph.2)

Justin

Stupid question alert!

How do you fit the lense back on the rear lights of a Phase 2 car? There are two screws at the top and at the bottom there are two holes in the bottom of the lense which look like they should locate on two lugs on the bottom of the lamp cluster - try as I might I can't get the bottom to locate properly so they just hinge on the screws at the top and flap about.

Help!

Thanks

Justin.

welshpug

probably the seal not seated properly, might be easier to take the whole unit off (1x 10mm nut on the rear inside the rear quarter) then you can see exactly what's up.

Daviewonder

Make sure the lenses are the right ones for the clusters as some have a notch for the cluster to clip behind and some have a hole for a bit of the cluster to slot into :)

Baz

What he said! ^^^

2 types, Axo and Valeo, on one the lense is male and the light unit female, the other vice-versa!

Obey_R

I've refitted mine recently and they are just fiddly. I had one of each type of lens but after 20 mins faffing about they went on. So give it another go before worrying about having the wrong lenses!