• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

306 Hubs And Carriers - 205 Carrier Sizes?

stuart1298

Been talking to silky today, cheers for the shocks btw mate,

he says i may be able to fit the carriers from a 306 on so i can do waht ever i want with bigger breaks, are the bottom of the shocks the same diameter, on the 306s and 205s, i no there are 2 sizes on the ball joints for the 306 16mm and 18mm, any idea what size the 205 ones are, just need to make sure i get the right size hubs

cheers

stu

Baz

205 ones are 16mm.

306 hubs are essentially the same as 205 1.9 ones where it counts. (Offset, driveshaft splines etc) To make big breaks fit a 1.6 you'll still need to change the driveshafts aswel as hubs, if not fit base model hubs to retain the 1.6 shafts and have the right offset for bigger brakes.

stuart1298

so i need the 1.9 hubs, with shafts, for the bigger brakes

or base model hubs to keep everything else the same and still fit bigger brakes

Baz

Exactly.

stuart1298

oh joy, well as i have just put 2 brand new shafts in, i think i'll go for the base model hubs, probably gonna be easier to buy a dead 205, cheers baz

DRTDVL
205 ones are 16mm.

306 hubs are essentially the same as 205 1.9 ones where it counts. (Offset, driveshaft splines etc) To make big breaks fit a 1.6 you'll still need to change the driveshafts aswel as hubs, if not fit base model hubs to retain the 1.6 shafts and have the right offset for bigger brakes.

You will gain some positive camber using 306 hubs.

If you don't want to change you driveshafts but want to use 1.9,306,307 brakes look for a set of base model (gt, xs, etc...) hubs, they will let you use the 1.6 shafts and the bigger brakes

Baz

Pretty sure that's exactly what i said.

DRTDVL

Sorry baz, didn't read the end of yours properly...