• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denva2682

Paint Help Needed!

denva2682

With no paint code in the usual place (must have been repaired at some point), I have been searching for the paint code on here and elsewhere but am confused!

I understand that the red was changed for phase 2 cars, but have no idea which shade of Cherry (if Cherry at all!??) my car is finished in (very little discolouration and no fade so am hoping to sort the bootlid myself avoiding a full respray.)

She's an August 1986 CTI and at this point, some shade of red yet unknown due to the elusive code. I have also read that when Pininfarina finished the CTI's they did not paint them the same way as in Mulhouse, so am concerned about colour matching.

I'd be massively grateful for any advice on the subject since I'm desperate to get rid of the huge scratch on the boot!

Edited by denva2682

Tom Fenton

To be honest even if you have it the paint code is of little use as there are different shades.

Find yourself a decent bodyshop supplier and go and see them with the car, they will then get the colour chips out to give you the best chance of getting a match. My local place will either mix you bulk, or make you a custom aerosol.

denva2682

Yeah i saw this one but was unsure of which cherry mine might be.

I think the best bet is to take Tom's advice and take the car to a local bodyshop and see what they can mix.

Cheers guys