• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dino20vt

What Pads To Use In A 205 Mi16 With Gti6 Calipers

DRTDVL

Whats peoples thoughts on the Carbone Lorraine brake pads ?

Batfink

Depending on your use of car will affect which one to go for but the RC5+ are probably the ones to go for on a road/track car. They work at any temperature and are relatively kind on discs.

C_W
Is that just for GTi-6 calipers, as I've always found DS2500's to be excellent for 1.9 calipers?

Well I must admit this is my experience on my BMW with these pads; horrendously dusty and judder-prone. Dino found the same on his M3 and I've read of others having judder issues. I did run DS3000s on the 205 for a while, the first set were great but the 2nd set started juddering and a piece of pad material stuck to the disc that needed chiselling off (brake judder from that was like a wheel falling off!!). I much prefer Yellowstuff as they never judder and used those on the 205 for the last few trackdays I did (the DS3000 power was much better but harder to modulate).

Batfink

The problem with more traditional compounds is pad material transfer to the discs which is what gives the juddering.

Alan_M
Pherhaps if you Bedded them in anth ! Lol

Mintex standard pads are fine !!!!

I was passenger in Anthony's car on that trip and can certainly vouch for the s*itness of those pads. I'm not sure as it was a few years ago, but I think we may have discussed buying replacements out in France they were that bad! I remember us bleeding the brakes with new fluid in the hotel car park :huh:

I much prefer Yellowstuff as they never judder and used those on the 205 for the last few trackdays I did (the DS3000 power was much better but harder to modulate).

Would highly recommend Yellowstuff, wee bit vague from cold but great bite once warm (Wilwood 4 pots). No fade on my last 'Ring trip whereas the previously fitted Mintex had given up by halfway round. No squealing and cheaper too.