• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mulletsrokk

Fibreglass Wings, Any Good?

Dj_mini

Iv got them on mine only have them as the original ones were shot. No real weight loss and the fit is poor fine for a track hack but no good for show and shine.

Henry Yorke

Not had any experience with them, but traditionally glass fibre as not always good moulds and they can look different if you paint them. Obviously advantageous on a race car, but personally I would go for some metal ones for a road car. They offer better chassis leg protection if you have an accident.

Guest mulletsrokk
Iv got them on mine only have them as the original ones were shot. No real weight loss and the fit is poor fine for a track hack but no good for show and shine.

Cheers for the advice both, it'll be for a rally car so sounds ideal.

Edited by mulletsrokk

harryskid
Cheers for the advice both, it'll be for a rally car so sounds ideal.

That could be questionable ? ;)

Guest mulletsrokk
That could be questionable ? ;)

Its a forest rally car, so steel wings are only going to go the same way the old ones did. Rotten. Just looking at alternatives :D

harryskid
Its a forest rally car, so steel wings are only going to go the same way the old ones did. Rotten. Just looking at alternatives ;)

What about all the flying stones bashing up under the arches, they wont last very long and your cars not going to be very strong either! :D

Guest mulletsrokk
What about all the flying stones bashing up under the arches, they wont last very long and your cars not going to be very strong either! ;)

Mmm, are outer wings structural?

harryskid
Mmm, are outer wings structural?

Your choice, but steel wings with a good coating and looked after will be cheaper in the long run.

Cheers ;)

Miles

At that price you could have at least 6 pairs of pattern steel wings or even 1 pair or OE wing's

Guest mulletsrokk
At that price you could have at least 6 pairs of pattern steel wings or even 1 pair or OE wing's

Good point. As I said, just looking at alternatives.