• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Obey_R

Seatbelts

Obey_R

Does anyone know if it's possible to change a rear belt from one mechanism to another? Hopefully getting a full set of red belts but one of the rears might not work. However I have a set of working rears, so is it possible to change the red belt to the working black mechanism.

Thanks,

engine killer

my friend has tried to just change the mechanism (or i should say swap the belt itself to a working mechanism) but failed and could not fix it back.

there are a few red belts available from ebay. look for "peugeot seat belt", the 106 one fit my car very well too.

damien

have a look for 106 rallye or roland garros seat belts, they are red

McDude

I've got a full set of red ones - boxed up.

I got them from another forum member, but never got round to fitting them. Will sell on as I am unlikely to get round to it!!!

PM me if you are interested.

Obey_R

No I have already sourced the belts, I was just asking if it's possible to change the mechanisms over but it appears not - in which I will probably just swap the front's over.

damien
I've got a full set of red ones - boxed up.

I got them from another forum member, but never got round to fitting them. Will sell on as I am unlikely to get round to it!!!

PM me if you are interested.

how much you after for them?

oz.

It must be possible to do it but it's having the tools. If you have a spare one you could take it apart and work out how and if it can be. The hardest bit must be getting the springs to work again.

Obey_R

However much I would like to take them apart to find out how they'd work, I don't think changing just the fronts to red would be too noticable. You don't actually see much of the back seatbelts, and they blend well into the black seats.

DaveW

I would'nt even try it mate, sounds far too much hassle and it probs would never work right.

Rjuhar

Sorry to nick your topic but I'm looking for a passenger (N/S) red belt for my 205 - does anyone have a spare?

steve@cornwall

Yes, It's possible! Did my drivers front last year as the red one's mechanism failed. Can't remember exactly what was done but don't remember it being too difficult.