• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Images For A 205 With No Bumper

driversdomainuk

Hi

Has anyone got any photos of a 205 with no front bumper, or at least a pic where I can work out how the front bumper is mounted....

After I rolled the car it ever so slightly dips down on one side and need to work out a way I can make it look level again without having to fit a new inner wing....

cheers

Rob

NeilGTi85

You can see 2 of the mounts on the picture on this Site (clicky)

There is 2 L shaped bracket's either side of the rad :D

driversdomainuk
You can see 2 of the mounts on the picture on this Site (clicky)

There is 2 L shaped bracket's either side of the rad :D

your a star - thanks!

rescue dude

Don't forget the girders that attach the ends of the bumper to the front wings.

driversdomainuk
Don't forget the girders that attach the ends of the bumper to the front wings.

yeap just thought of that Jon!

the L bracket is not damaged or bent, it is just the entire inner wing has been pushed down 1 or 2 cm....so we will have to bend up slightly this L bracked and then do something (not sure what yet- ideas?) to make sure the side girders line up else the side of the bumper will not sit in the fitted lip.....

Does what I am suggesting sound a realistic, if not a bit of a bodge why of sorting the problem....? I dont think I could move up the inner wing...surely??

Rob

rescue dude

Have you felt the weight of the side 'girders'? :D

I replaced mine a few years ago with thin metal strip a bit like meccano without any problems.

I think that as long as the car is straight this seems like a reasonable way to fix it.

You going to be at Prescott this weekend?

I'm in the same class as Ralph and Richard Marshall with the super rapid white 205.!!!

driversdomainuk
Have you felt the weight of the side 'girders'? :D

I replaced mine a few years ago with thin metal strip a bit like meccano without any problems.

I think that as long as the car is straight this seems like a reasonable way to fix it.

You going to be at Prescott this weekend?

I'm in the same class as Ralph and Richard Marshall with the super rapid white 205.!!!

Not a Prescott sorry mate....I will give what you said a try......how long would it take to remove the front bumper would you think?

thanks

rob

rescue dude

It's not that long a job but can be a pain with seized bolts.

It's easier with the front wheels off. After that half hour or so.

steve@cornwall

When I bought my CTi, the front wing dipped a good 10mm at the front edge due to a minor knock at some point, and was going to be the decider of wether it got rebuilt or broken. I enlisted the help of my Dad to tow it home using my GTi and rigid bar. With thje bar connected to respective towing eyes, instead of lightly pulling away he just droppoed the clutch - the sound was awful. on checking what damage was done I was so pleased to find the wing perfectly in line with everything else.

Well, you asked for a bodge :huh: