• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigryrs

205 Gti6 Brake Problem

bigryrs

Hey folks just fitted my gti6 brakes to my 205 today which went on without any problems but i then drove the car about 10 miles to my dads garage to try and bleed them but when we tried to bleed them we couldnt and the pedal just goes right to the floor!! the fluid doesnt come out even with the nipples removed and im stuck on what to do next! any ideas??

SurGie

Did you remove the filer cap ?

It sounds like either the master cylinder or air in the system.

bigryrs
Did you remove the filer cap ?

It sounds like either the master cylinder or air in the system.

Yeah i removed the filler cap when i tried to bleed the brakes but once i fitted them at first i drove about 10 miles to my dads to bleed them and when i cracked open the bleed nipple i heard air coming out! but after that we tried to bleed them and due to heavy rain we gave up so il crack on with it tomorrow!!

welshpug

brake flexi lines routed properly? not stretched or kinked at all?

no damage to the hard lines?

bigryrs
brake flexi lines routed properly? not stretched or kinked at all?

no damage to the hard lines?

Ive hooked the brakes up with the standard 205 gti brake hoses!! the hardlines are fine

welshpug

standard 205 hoses are 25mm too short.

Tom Fenton

Agree with Welshpug. Be very careful as on lock you will find the hoses are stretched dangerously.

welshpug

excellent quality those lines from Miles, he's who DrSarty and I checked with regarding the extra length required.

I would start to trace the issue by loosening the flexi hose at the front calipers to see if fluid will come out then, it may not if the lines are kinked, and if so try removing it completely or slackening the union where the hose meets the hard line on the body.

bigryrs
excellent quality those lines from Miles, he's who DrSarty and I checked with regarding the extra length required.

I would start to trace the issue by loosening the flexi hose at the front calipers to see if fluid will come out then, it may not if the lines are kinked, and if so try removing it completely or slackening the union where the hose meets the hard line on the body.

Just bought the flexi hoses in the link provided and il give it a go with removing the lines mate cheers for the help from everyone so far!!