• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

309 Gti Wishbones

205Rallee

Does anyone know where I can get some new ones preferably with some proper bushes fitted. is there anyone on here who can supply them?

Thanks

swordfish210

Miles at Pug Racing can supply Motaquip parts i believe.

Paul_13

Motaquip don't supply them any more :P I've tried.

Lemforder is a good alternative

205Rallee
Motaquip don't supply them any more :P I've tried.

Lemforder is a good alternative

Any idea where you can get them from?

swordfish210
Any idea where you can get them from?

Most motorfactors will supply Lemforder parts, Euro Car Parts most notibly.

CharlieBoy

If ordering them from ECP, be sure to ask for the Lemforder arms (assuming they are as good as the Motaquip items), otherwise they will try and fob you off with their cheaper items as being the same but cheaper...

It might be worth trying Miles for them on the offchance he has some Motaquip items.

205Rallee
If ordering them from ECP, be sure to ask for the Lemforder arms (assuming they are as good as the Motaquip items), otherwise they will try and fob you off with their cheaper items as being the same but cheaper...

It might be worth trying Miles for them on the offchance he has some Motaquip items.

The Lemforder on line catalogue doesn't list 309 GTI arms. I will try Miles.

I'm after some negative camber and the class rules don't allow adjustable bottom arms. The only other option I can use would be some adjustable top mounts and the only ones I'm willing to try would be the BBM ones with the same spherical bearing as the GPA PTS top mounts. But Stu isn't answering e-mails....

If I buy FAI arms can I press out the crap bushes with the bolt/tube/washer method as per the Haynes manual? Having said that do the cheap arms also have rubbish ball joints?

Any help would be appreciated.

SurGie

Yes the cheaper arms have weaker ball joints and Lem ones are the better ones to get.

I cant wait till good arms for the 309 are here, there seems to be a good demand.

205Rallee
Yes the cheaper arms have weaker ball joints and Lem ones are the better ones to get.

I cant wait till good arms for the 309 are here, there seems to be a good demand.

The only ones I can find on line are Firstline, Quinton Hazell and FAI. Definitely no Lemforder. I'm only going to be doing 2k miles a year on them and about 10 hillclimbs and sprints so I'm not bothered if they can stand up to a winter and they don't have to last too long, but i'm not to keen if the ball joints might fail......

205Rallee

Oh well can't find any decent 309gti wishbones. Does anyone know if BBM are still in business? Has anyone had a set of the adjustable top mounts, if so any idea on cost?

All I want is a wee bit of negative camber but it would be easier to find the Holy grail!

swordfish210

BBM are still going strong. I can't remember who it was on here who was saying they had some of his topmounts but stew did send me some pics of them some time ago and they looked very good quality (like the rest of his stuff) and i would have had a set if i could afford them.

205Rallee

A set of BBm's top mounts are now on order :huh: