• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJA_GTi

Installing Red Front Bumper Strip

AJA_GTi

Looking to fit a new red strip to the front bumper as the current one is pebbledashed.

The first one arrived bent to hell and just recieved the replacement. As they are very thin and flimsy is there an easy way to fit them without damaging/ kinking them?

I have got the ends off the existing one but cant see how to remove it completely without sliding it off the mounting pins this would obviously damage the new strip if I was to fit in the same way

Any ideas

Cheers,

dan_cole69

Just been doing the same thing the other week.

What i did and it worked very well was put/leave all the clips in the correct places on the bumper and just take the old red trim off using any means possible.

Then if you look at your new red trim, on the back where the trim folds over on both sides, one side is wider/larger and will hook onto the clips that are already in place. Then I just gently pushed the bottom part of them trim untill it clicked and moved round the car very slowly clipping each piece in.

Hope this make sense, very hard to explain but defiently works as I said I have just done it myself

Dan

GLPoomobile

You can actually insert the clips in to the strip and slide them along. This can be done without causing any damage. Yes it's tight at the corners, but I've done it a few times without damaging the strip.

It's also easy to remove a strip wthout damage. You just carefully ease the underside of the trim with a flat head screwdriver and it'll pop off of the clips.

AJA_GTi
You can actually insert the clips in to the strip and slide them along. This can be done without causing any damage. Yes it's tight at the corners, but I've done it a few times without damaging the strip.

It's also easy to remove a strip wthout damage. You just carefully ease the underside of the trim with a flat head screwdriver and it'll pop off of the clips.

Thanks for this - so you can ease the strip open with a screwy and it springs back to grab the clip sort off?

As simple as that? Great stuff :lol:

AJA_GTi
Just been doing the same thing the other week.

What i did and it worked very well was put/leave all the clips in the correct places on the bumper and just take the old red trim off using any means possible.

Then if you look at your new red trim, on the back where the trim folds over on both sides, one side is wider/larger and will hook onto the clips that are already in place. Then I just gently pushed the bottom part of them trim untill it clicked and moved round the car very slowly clipping each piece in.

Hope this make sense, very hard to explain but defiently works as I said I have just done it myself

Dan

Thank you mate - I know exactly what you mean. Wish me luck the bloody things like a kit-kat wrapper lol