• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest spinners

Lower Strut Brace Bar

Guest spinners

Is anyone using a lower strut brace bar, is there any extra benifits running this with an upper brace ?

hothatch
Is anyone using a lower strut brace bar, is there any extra benefits running this with an upper brace ?

Doesn't change the feel a lot but obviously does help the small amount of torsional stress on the sub frame. Is a good thing to have both though I suppose, the more rigid you can make the body the more independently your suspension works.

damien

im running both, cant say ive felt any difference but ive never driven her in anger to give it a try.

the lower brace does help to stop me bashing the sump on speed humps

hothatch
im running both, cant say ive felt any difference but ive never driven her in anger to give it a try.

the lower brace does help to stop me bashing the sump on speed humps

Oh yeah! And that lol!

Guest spinners

Cheers for that fellas ill give it a go then.

Batfink

I'm not sure they do a lot but they are so cheap it does not really hurt..

Baz

Waste of time and a PITA IMO, they just get in the way and don't do alot, you'd be better off stitch welding the subframe a little for strength.

Guest spinners
Waste of time and a PITA IMO, they just get in the way and don't do alot, you'd be better off stitch welding the subframe a little for strength.

I just wanted to strengthen the front of the car so far i have seem welded the whole engine bay, upper strut brace, bars from struts to bulkhead and planning a bar from flitch to flitch across the front.

Cheers Dave