• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Will Eastman

Bleed Nipples

Will Eastman

Hey just been bleeding my brakes and one of the bleed niples sheered off. Iv gone and got an 'easy out' to get it out then put a new one in. Can someone tell me what size bleed niple i will need. Can i just get one off this site?? http://www.biggred.co.uk/nippleshop.html as they looking pretty step from peugeot.

Alan_M

Try BrakesInternational.co.uk.

I'm sure the fronts on 1.6 & 1.9 calipers are M7s, and are £1+VAT on that :( site.

Will Eastman

Thanks il have a look. Do you know if they are the same on xs calipers as i have an xs. thanks

Alan_M
Thanks il have a look. Do you know if they are the same on xs calipers as i have an xs. thanks

I have no idea what an XS has brakes-wise, but they all seem to be M7x1 bleed nipples apart from the rear calipers. The rear calipers nips aren't even listed, and from what I remember are smaller.

£1.15+VAT each.

Edited by Alan_M

shalmaneser

It's about £3 for new pad springs, bleed nipples and rubber caps from Pug. You can be sure to get the right stuff too. Give your local dealer a ring.

pug_ham

Standard bleed nipples are M7 on both Bendix (front & rear) or Girling front calipers.

At least they always have been on the calipers I've had & thats the same on the XS.

Graham.

AdamP

Yep, all M7. Don't torque them up too tight or you'll strip the threads too, i've had to retap one on my Locost to M8 because someone had munched the thread in the past.

Will Eastman

Hey yeh just checked the car and seen that its bendix front caliper. Can i not just buy a girling bleed screw as they cost 1.50 rather than the 5.50 the bendix one costs. Anyone know if it would fit ok?? Or would the first peugeot one on this page fit?? http://www.biggred.co.uk/nippleshop.html. Oh and i cant find any bleed niples on BrakesInternational.co.uk

Edited by lilwille

AdamP

Go to your local motorfactors, they will have M7 bleed nipples and they'll be about £1.50 for 2 in a packet.

weejp
It's about £3 for new pad springs, bleed nipples and rubber caps from Pug. You can be sure to get the right stuff too. Give your local dealer a ring.

Is this kit actually available?

I phoned my Peugeot dealer and they say you only get new new pad springs, pins etc with a set of pads...?????!!!!!

I find this ludicrous, my local dealer in Edinburgh (Evans Halshaw) is complete and utter w@nk as far as I'm concerned.

I have new discs and pads ready to go on I'd like to get new springs, clips, pins, bleeds screws, etc but I can't get any joy from Peugeot. ECP want £13 for a brake fitting kit, seems expensive.

Would Halfords stock these bits as I have a trade card?

damien
Hey just been bleeding my brakes and one of the bleed niples sheered off. Iv gone and got an 'easy out' to get it out then put a new one in. Can someone tell me what size bleed niple i will need. Can i just get one off this site?? http://www.biggred.co.uk/nippleshop.html as they looking pretty step from peugeot.

"easy out"? any insite into this? what is it?

Baz
"easy out"? any insite into this? what is it?

Exactly what it says on the tin! They're a tool that makes the removal of otherwise difficult broken bolts etc, easier.

Like a left-hand threaded screw.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5127433_use-easy-outs.html

Tom Fenton

Don't think it will cure all your woes, I personally have never had any success with them, and think they are s*ite. If the bolt or nipple is well enough seized into the parent component that you are able to shear it off trying to undo it, an easy out will not get it out.

Try them by all means but I think you will be disappointed if you expect them to extract such as brake caliper bleed nipples. The best solution to these is to carefully drill and either reclaim the 7mm thread, or tap to 8mm.

shalmaneser
Don't think it will cure all your woes, I personally have never had any success with them, and think they are s*ite. If the bolt or nipple is well enough seized into the parent component that you are able to shear it off trying to undo it, an easy out will not get it out.

Try them by all means but I think you will be disappointed if you expect them to extract such as brake caliper bleed nipples. The best solution to these is to carefully drill and either reclaim the 7mm thread, or tap to 8mm.

Completely agree.

In my experience EZ outs just snap in the bolt and make your life harder.