• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

Removing The Rolled Door Pins From The Door Check Straps

humanz

Done a search, and none of the posts truly explained how it is done. I need to replace one of my door check straps, but I'm not sure how I should go about removing the rolled pin that keeps the strap attached to the body. Should I just squeeze the pin and pull it out? Hammer it out? Some other method?

Will the pins likely get damaged in the process? Did peugeot change the pins between phases or they all identical?

Remember, I'm talking specifically about the pins for the check straps, not the door hinges. I read all about the problems for the door hinge pins.

EdCherry

Use a drift and hammer them out.

Cameron

Use a pin punch.. and if you don't have a set get one, they're so handy! Brumster's idea about hitting them upwards could make refitting easier, and also try not to knock them out completely, just get them out as much as you need to then you won't fire them across your garage when you try to put them back in. :lol:

lemmingzappa

I ended up hammering mine out downwards using a screwdriver and a hammer. Worked fine :lol: