• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Rear Beam Horror Stories

jeremy_spoke_in

Very interesting photos.

I don't understand the language, but does it say anywhere these were the result of bad refurbs or are they just old beams which have not been refurbed?

Nice find!

Para

It's a website of a garage who is offering refurbishing services. Most of the pictures show beams which were unprofessionaly repair by other garages or without proper knowledge at home. Most common story is just to fill the beam with plenty of oil to get rid of the noise, charge the money and forget about the customer ... :/

jord294

some shocking results there :)

RossD

I like the look of this, is it a worthwhile mod I wonder? (use multiple rows of bearings to spread the loads)

cztery%20lozyska%20wahacza.jpg

I imagine it might require some machining work though.

Edited by RossD

pug_ham

Quite shocking.

Some of those pictures show a 405 beam where the bearings fit into the radius arms like on the 106 beams which might be easier to double up the bearings but on a 205/306/309 beam the centre tube would need machining to allow the outer bearings to sit in far enough.

I've thought about doubling up the inner bearings before but decided against it because its a better practice to simply rebuld the beam every coouple of years & replace the seals etc imo.

Graham.

Paul_13

Blimey they're shocking!

I like the one where the drilled/tapped bleed nipple in wrong place and the axle is rusted beyond belief!