• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

Gaz Shocks - Need Reconditioning, What To Do?

wildejon

I have Gaz coilovers fitted and in the process of trying to figure out what was knocking/vibrating so much I found that one side has practically zero damping even on the highest setting, oops.

So, I plan to send them to Gaz for reconditioning. Should I also be sending across the rear dampers as they are all the same age, around 5 years maybe and have never been touched since fitting.

Thanks

MerlinGTI

I would.

Cameron

Yeah you might as well if they're similar age. Gaz do an excellent turnaround too. :D

All Praise The GTI

sorry to but in but does anyone know what they charge to sevice coilovers?

also i ordered mine from the group buy. specifically asked for long thread for topmounts so could fitt adjustable ones. didnt notice until after fitted them(with standard topmounts) that i have standard length thread i think :D if i have to pay to get it swapped anyone know what they would charge?? seriously annoyed as they only done less then 1k on car and i want fitt adjstable topmounts but dont think i can now :) esp. after i didnt get what i payed for!!

Edited by All Praise The GTI

Cameron

I think it was £66 per shock when I got mine done in June last year, that was for a rebuild and new piston rod. The actual shock service was only about £25.

As for the top mounts, I think Gaz supply their own top-hats to fit the eccentric mounts and they slip over the step in the piston rod. This was how my Gold's came anyway, I'd give them a call and ask.

Edited by Cameron

All Praise The GTI

great :)

think i will have contact them as i never received what i payed for. i know ive had them for some time now but only done well under 1k on them. one side feels like it doesnt compress very well either and the adjuster that side doesnt feel right. only noticed all this when was workng on the front end the other day checking it all over. not a happy bunny :D

wildejon

Definitely give them a shout, they were really helpful when I called them yesterday.

Actually said not to send the rears in unless it felt like they needed it, probably will do anyway if I can find the energy to get all 4 wheels off the ground :) Like you guys are saying, if they are that old its probably well worth it.

You are right with the pricing too Cameron, seems very reasonable, and they reckoned 2-3 day turnaround which is fantastic.

Cameron

Yeah I sent mine on a Monday and they were back on Friday! :lol:

pug_ham

John, out of interest, how long have you had them fitted for?

Graham.

wildejon

Previous owner fitted them (that was Trev) about 5 years ago maybe.... :D

pug_ham
Previous owner fitted them (that was Trev) about 5 years ago maybe.... :mellow:

Ahh, OK then.

Just thought maybe you'd fitted them shortly before last years Eurotrip.

Graham.