• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtdog

Stdt Parts

dirtdog

Sorry for posting a silly topic. Been a long time since i've been on here. Finally pulling my finger out.

I don't need any reviews or anything.. I just need confirmation i'm looking at the right bits and bobs before I click the buy button.

It's a 1994 STDT (1769cc). The parts i'm looking at are as following

20.6mm M/C

Girling(1.9?) calipers and bolts

Rear shoe kit with adjusters etc

Goodridge lines for a 1.8td

The problem I'm having with the M/C - There is a 19mm.. a 20.6mm and a 20.6mm-19mm

Front calipers - Girling are 1.9 yeah? Also belive the bolts are shorter? Can I cut the old ones down or source new ones somewhere?

Rear shoe kit - Also not sure of this, as multiple options are listed

Goodridge lines - Not sure if I need the 1.6gti kit or the 1.8td kit

All parts from GSF apart from the lines if that makes any diffrence.

Thanks in advance :(

pug_ham
The problem I'm having with the M/C - There is a 19mm.. a 20.6mm and a 20.6mm-19mm

Front calipers - Girling are 1.9 yeah? Also belive the bolts are shorter? Can I cut the old ones down or source new ones somewhere?

Rear shoe kit - Also not sure of this, as multiple options are listed

Goodridge lines - Not sure if I need the 1.6gti kit or the 1.8td kit

The STDT has a 19mm mc as standard but the 20.6 GTI one will fit straight on giving a slightly better pedal travel & feel but nothing much imo.

Yes, 1.9 GTI front calipers are the Girling ones you need but you can't cut the bolts used on the Bendix down as they are far to long & there isn't nough thread to do this. If you cut them to the length needed you'd only have a plain bolt shank.

The master cylinder from GSF to go for afaik is 652VG0200 BRAKE MASTER CYL-20.6mm 205 33.45.

Tis is agenuine Bendix m/c so better quality than the cheaper ones.

Its been a while since I had my STDT but I think the rear shoes shold be the Bendix ones but if you look at the back of the brake plate behind the drum, what shape is the hole where the wheel cylinder comes through for the brake pipe to fit into? Oval is Bendix & round is Girling iirc.

You need a Goodridge kit for an XS / Base model imo.

Graham.

dirtdog

Thanks graham/pugtorque.

I'll have to check the shape hole on the brake plate to be sure.Thanks again for letting me know how to identify what type I need.

Does anyone know where I can source some 1.9 bolts from?

Also, the goodridge lines.. a little confusion. They list them for 205 1.4 Carb & 205 1.4i but no mention of a XS kit.

Anyone bought one of the kits? Just wondering what they contain. I'm really looking for the 'solid' lines that run on the under side but whilst i'm at it i'll be putting on those flashy stainless braided flexy jobbies. Can you tell I know EXACTLY what i'm talking about :( haha

Paul_13

I have a set of 1.9 bolts around in the shed PM me to remind me going to be heading out shortly

pug_ham

I've got a set of 1.9 caliper bolts if Paul hasn't.

Your solid brake lines which run front to back or side to side for the fronts are copper pipe which you can either make yourself with a flaring kit , pipe & unions (M10) or buy a ready made kit from Automec.

For the braided hoses the 1.4 carb aka XS & will contain four braided hoses, two for the front calipers & two for the flexi's around the rear beam.

Graham.

dirtdog

Cheers guys.

Those pipes from Automec look the ticket.

Final question..because i'm changing the calipers over (from what I belive are the 1600) to the 1900, then would that affect what braided hoses I should buy? Or does it not really matter and the XS kit should be fine? Also the discs are fine left as they are?

Thanks again. :)

welshpug

if you need the bolts quicker ask for 306 or xsara caliper bolts at a dealer, theyre under a pound each

pug_ham

Bradied hoses shouldn't matter imo, if anything the XS / base model ones could be longer due to the different bracket placement on the inner wing.

Graham.

Paul_13

Shiz sorry, totally forgot to look for the caliper bolts will look first thing when I get back from London tomorrow after work.

Got sinustitus, face feels like it has concrete for blood.

pug_ham

I've definately got some caliper bolts, keep finding more as well dotted around the house.:lol:

Graham.

Paul_13

Just been down the scrap yard and the blokes away til the 25th :lol:

I needed some bits off the cars he has, but don't fancy taking them without consent as I'm pretty sound with the geezer.

Might be worth getting these off Graham, I've only got 2 and that's pretty useless :lol:

Apologies