• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Brake Hose And Master Cylinder Question

Jer309GTi

Evening all,

I need new brake hoses for the MOT for my XS. In the near future I'm fitting 1.9 GTi front brakes and 1.6 rear beam with 1.6 brakes. I want to fit Goodridge or similar braided hoses and was wondering if I get the non GTi set that they will fit my planned brake upgrades.

Also, would I be best off with a 1.9 GTi master cylinder when I've upgraded my brakes to the above spec?

Cheers. Jer

swordfish210

I'm using base model goodridge hoses on the front of mine and they are plently long enough. The standard M/C is a 19mm i believe and the GTI one is a 20.6mm so it will have a shorter pedal, should be quite nice on the small base model servo as well.

gtmotorsport

I got have a custom set of Goodridge hoses on the way shortly from Rally Design. Basically I have 1.9 fronts and 1.4 xs rears, so they have sorted a set out as a Goodridge supplier.

Just a small comment on the M/C size, you will need the larger 1.9 gti version. I am currently using a 1.4 xs 19mm M/C (waiting for a bias box) and the travel isn't nice!

EdCherry

I've got a set of Goodridge on one car, and Miles waiting to go on my other. When you come to get the dampers off me tomorrow I can show you the ones from Miles, much nicer IMO.

Jer309GTi

Thanks for the replies ;)

Sounds good thanks Ed I'll be interested to see them.