• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TU_Later

Strange Knocking From My 1.9 Rear End..

TU_Later

Since i've had the car (About 2 weeks) my GTi's making a knocking sound that knocks when i break, and the sound is made repeatedly in motion with how fast im going untill i come to a halt.. Like from 20mph to 0 it'd be a: 'Knockknockknockknock, knock, knock, knock.... knock.... knock......... knock' to halt :lol:

It doesnt affect the breaking, ive had it up on the ramp and nothing seems loose.. Its had a whole new rear beam recently too, as well as new disks and pads..

Any ideas?

Steve

Anthony

The rear pad retaining bar is still in place, isn't it? These have a habit of coming loose and falling off, which in turn allows the pad to move around (and fall out with 15" or larger wheels)

TU_Later

I will check as we speak! (Yeah still the standard 15's with 185/55's)

rescue dude
The rear pad retaining bar is still in place, isn't it? These have a habit of coming loose and falling off, which in turn allows the pad to move around (and fall out with 15" or larger wheels)

This happened to a guy at Shelsley Walsh last weekend. Luckily for him it was spotted and I went out to get it and it was returned to him.

He had fitted the retaining spring in the wrong end of the bar. Doh !!

pug_ham

Are the caliper mounting bolts tightened up properly?

I wire lock mine in now whatever but you're supposed to replace the spring clips with every set of pads iirc.

Graham.