• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tommer

Power Steering

Tommer

Hi all,

the newer car which is being tarted up with the best bits of the old car (both 1.9 GTis, old is an 89 new is 90) came with power steering.

I am not sure if it works, the pump seems to work and the fluid seems to return, but is it meant to be finger light steering like say you'd get in a vauxhall or is meant to be assisted when stationary / slow moving?

at the moment I don't think it works... any tips to test?

thanks in advance

Anthony

205 PAS is comparitively low on assistance compared to modern cars, and has a weighty feel to it - a good thing in my book.

Should be pretty obvious if it's working though - turn the steering with the engine off, and then start it up and try again. Whilst still weighty, there should be a noticeable difference with the engine running.

omega

start the engine and see if theres any diffrence ,there should be if its working

beaten to it

Edited by omega

Tommer

Why didn't I think of that?

cheers gang

timb1046

might have to give the engine some revs (only to 1700ish) just to get it allworking, i occasionaly do on my 205.