• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

Steering Rack Bush N/s

woodsy

Right then guys, just got my mi16 on road after being in my workshop under cover for 6 months and noticed slight knock when going over bumps.Just put it on my ramp in work and i need the bush that sits in the steering rack on N/S, sure i changed this while ago although i know theyre common.Isnt there somewhere that sells the bronze type one thats longer lasting, iam sure there was but cant remember where.Thanks

SurGie

Here you go.

I didn't want to have to make another thread so i'll ask on here, iv been searching for a new non ps rack for the 1992 1.9 gti and found THIS, its the third one down and im wondering if its the right one and if any one else has bought one from this site ?

Also if this is not a good one or the right type then can someone suggest to me where i can get one for around the same price as the one above ? I need a new one not reconditioned for my project BTW.

Cheers.

woodsy

Thanks mate i got that one other week and fitted it.Seems better but still a tiny weeny bit of movment still, to be honest never really been happy with the rack for while, any one use the quaiffe quick rack for road use. I think most steering racks from factors etc are all going to be reconned ones, like the starter motors and alternator etc.

SurGie

That's a shame then, have you replaced the UJ as well ?

woodsy

Think iam going to change the rack possibly quaiffe one and get new uj.