• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GG205rob

Brake Line Routing

GG205rob

I have just fitted a pair of 306 gti-6 struts, they have gone on fine, the problem i have is how to route the flexi brake pipe, as there is not a fitting on the strut like there is for the 205 strut to keep the line fixed into place, and i don't want to just leave it unsecured. I don't think it should make any difference to this but i am running 406 brembo 4 pots. Any help or pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers Rob

j_turnell

I just used a thick cable tie and secured it to the strut, tight enough to secure it, but loose enough to allow movement when on lock.

jackherer

Put the hose in a P clip and use a jubilee ring around the strut to hold the P clip.

pug_ham
Put the hose in a P clip and use a jubilee ring around the strut to hold the P clip.

This is the better method than just a cable tie imo, I used a cable tie on my 306 after the bolt sheared in the hub for the hose guide / support & it was mentioned on the MOT that it wasn't that ideal beause even though it was loose it was still restricting proper movement of the flexi when you turned the wheels.

Graham.

j_turnell

I agree the p clip would be a better idea, however if your careful and check lock, using a cable tie works just fine, used this for over a year and been through an mot with no issues.

GG205rob

Gone with the p-clip. Thanks for the advice