• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davepug205

Hub Offsets

davepug205

Can someone please confirm which hubs from the peugeot range have a different offset to 205 1.9 / 306 please!

Apart from 1.6.

Cheers.

Edited by davepug205

welshpug

most of them!

what are you after specifically?

the 1.9 205 drive flange (hub) [and the base model 205 hub] is pretty common across the range, but the carrier they are fitted to varies quite a lot.

Edited by welshpug

davepug205

Cheers Welshpug, Im trying to find out what brake/ disk setup will fit a hub that gti-6 brakes will not lol

I presume either 405/406 that will fit under 15 speedlines.

Cheers :):D

welshpug

depends in what way they do not fit, 405/406 hub carriers (one and the same thing) use a larger radius of the yoke mounting lugs, as well as much lower offset discs, quite the opposite to the 1.6 having more offset than the 1.9/base models.

the brakes they do use do fit under 15" wheels in all cases bar the V6 coupe and 2.2 Diesel Coupe, all others use 15" alloys or steels as standard or 16" as an upgrade IIRC, unsure how much clearance 205 wheels would have over 406 brakes though, but I have seen them on 405's and 406's.

I'm sure I have seen mention of a 266mm setup that fits the 1.6 205 hub assembly, a later one from a 206 or berlongo possibly, I shall see what I can find.

otherwise, just good pads and fresh fluid will suffice in most cases.

davepug205

Welshpug Im running 406 hubs and tried to fit a gti6 setup as a temporary measure but the caliper lugs are to far forward,

Im after something I can just bolt up as a complete kit until I get some wilwoods, And possibly I can move them down the list of priority's if their not too bad.

Cheers

welshpug

ah, in that case any 406 brake setup then, or even 405 brakes at 266mm for a little less weight.

you'd need the calipers complete and the matching discs.

IIRC the 406 Girling caliper uses the same pad pattern as the gti6 and a few other vehicles, so performance pads are easy to get hold of.

I may know of a set of calipers I think a friend still has from a V6 saloon if you want to get the 406 items, I will be over at his unit on Thursday or can ask sooner if needed.

davepug205
ah, in that case any 406 brake setup then, or even 405 brakes at 266mm for a little less weight.

you'd need the calipers complete and the matching discs.

IIRC the 406 Girling caliper uses the same pad pattern as the gti6 and a few other vehicles, so performance pads are easy to get hold of.

I may know of a set of calipers I think a friend still has from a V6 saloon if you want to get the 406 items, I will be over at his unit on Thursday or can ask sooner if needed.

Cheers Welshpug PM me when you find out Thursday or whenever is fine matey :)