• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Comp Brake Wishbones, Hows Everyones Going?

M_R_205

I bought a pair of the compbrake adjustable wishbones about 8 months ago and have been using them on my pug since, i also spent the extra cash and got some of those rubber boots to keep the water off them, now in about mid feb one of the rose joints seized and worked the subframe bolt lose, luckily it didnt oval the hole or damage the subframe, so after i freed the rose joint up with a little oil, i applied a small amount of grease to all the rose joints and bolted them back up

Now, Over the past week my steering has started to feel a little vague, so up the car went and lo and behold... to two front rose joints have a ton of play in them....

Now if im honest im not overly upset as the car has cover 7k and i drove it all through the winter and through all the tones of salt they put down, so im really just after some feedback as to how everyone else is getting on with theres, well those of you who have been using them on the roads any way...

Also as the inner rose joints seem a bit harsh and slightly over kill for road use iv been thinking of making some rubber replacements, basically welding some high tensile threaded bar to the correct size tubing and fitting the std (or polly)bushes in there, does this seem like a plausable thing to do or would the welded joint not be up for it? also if any one knows the thread size that would be awsome, and would save me taking them off my car to measure

Cheers

Paul.

Rippthrough

The welded joint would be fine, that's all we do with the buggies as we need some sort of bushing to absorb shock.

I've never like the way compbrake load the rosejoints, as per the other thread, mine 306 ones are still perfect and they've done a fair bit of off road use, not up to your 7k yet though, so I'll report back then.