• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
engine killer

Knackered Front Subframe Nut

engine killer

Hi all,

After the change of front bushes and arb bushes, we found out one of the front subframe nut is gone completely when we tried to tighten it. Instead of unweld the whole part we cut a hole there took the knackered nut out and place a new one in as the picture shown here.

What is your comment and how did you do when you experience such case?

Thanks.

post-4860-1272366290_thumb.jpg

Edited by engine killer

Toddy

It is a captive nut which is replaceable and available from peugeot (although I see you are in China), simply place through the existing cutout and locate once you have dislodged the knackered original.

jeremy_spoke_in

An old topic but i think this is a good place to post...

Typically - today when trying to drop my subframe all bolts came away fine, apart from the front on one side as above.

The bolt turns but obviously the captive nut is spinning at the same time and won't come free. Toddy, when you say "existing cutout" do you mean the one the original poster cut or the small cutout a couple of inches from the bolt hole in the chassis looking from underneath up? (looks too small to get any type of nut through)

Surely you don't have to cut the chassis apart to replace a nut.

Really don't know what to do as if i grind the bolt head off i don't know if i will be able to push the remnants up and out the way and whether a new nut will slide in through the small cutout mentioned above.

Bit of a spiel but hopefully someone gets what i mean and can help. (engine bay is empty when i get this 1 bolt removed :D)

Anthony

New captive nut goes through the square hole immediately behind the hole the bolt goes through.

Getting the old one out however can be a headache, especially if there's still part of the bolt inside it if you had to cut it to drop the subframe.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt....

jeremy_spoke_in

cheers anthony, that makes sense now. I'll attack it again next weekend.

blessed6383

s**t job mate had the same thing happen to me few months ago when rebuilding mine. just left the old bits in there after spending ages trying to get it out. the captive nuts are cheap enough through pug

Jackman

I've got a set of the captive nuts sat on my bedroom floor if you need them!

engine killer
New captive nut goes through the square hole immediately behind the hole the bolt goes through.

Getting the old one out however can be a headache, especially if there's still part of the bolt inside it if you had to cut it to drop the subframe.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt....

Forgive my asking, do yo mean there is a square hole already there (I missed) behind the original hole?

Thanks

Anthony

Yes, but it can't (easily) be seen with the subframe still fitted. It is immediately next to the round hole where the subframe bolt goes through.

engine killer
Yes, but it can't (easily) be seen with the subframe still fitted. It is immediately next to the round hole where the subframe bolt goes through.

thanks! I and my friend surely missed then. may take a closer look next time when i have the subframe taken away.

Thanks a million.