• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richardjw

Konis And Eccentric Top Mounts

richardjw

Guys,

I'm thinking of ruinning 306 Gti-6 Koni sports and Eibach springs on the from of my GTi-6 engined puglet.

Do you know where i can get exxentric toop mounts to suit this setup, or will standard ones suit?

If not would i have to go down the coilover, GAZ, route to get the camber I'm after?

Cheers guys, nearly finished speccing this front suspension, I promise!!

Tom Fenton

In general this will not work as there isn't physically the room to move a spring/damper of standard size any appreciable distance towards the strut tower without it fouling. I've not tried this so I am prepared to be corrected, but I do not think the combination you suggest will fit.

welshpug

I'd be inclined to agree with Tom, I've had a top spring pan on a standard strut rub on the inner arch where it hadn't seated properly on the bearing, gives you an idea of just how close it is with the 6" dia springs.

309 wishbones and shafts will give you some camber that'd be enough for a setup consisting of road dampers, if you needed any more camber you'd also be going for a proper ride height adjustable small diameter spring with appropriate damper/strut assembly.