• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jean_quemener

309 Beam On 205 Ride Hight

Jean_quemener

hello

Just after a little help with the ride hight of my 309 rear beam i have fitted to my 205, i have sorted the problem with her not sitting level and now just have to address the ride hight issuse, i have been told that with the 309 beam on a 205 will sit at eather a high postion or a low position, mine deffo is set at the low as it is almost touching the lip of pastic arches which i suppose i will need to cut away.

was just wondering if any one could post a link or a pic of a 205 with a 309 beam on just so i can see the ride hight to save me from adjusting it only to change back.

thansk jean.

Daviewonder

IMG_0333.jpg

Here's my 205 with a 309 beam, just needs lowering a tad at the front :D

jord294
post-11467-1271871186_thumb.jpg :D

shalmaneser

DSCF1910.jpg

mine, at the 'high' height i guess, will drop it a spine I think - when I can be bothered.

No rubbing though which is nice.

marksorrento205

Whats all this high or low position all about? You can set them to what ever height you want them at :D

130220101028.jpg

Edit: A picture B)

Edited by marksorrento205

jord294
post-11467-1271871186_thumb.jpg B)

sorry. should of said. this is the set up i was very happy with :)

-35mm springs with standard front struts and rear beam distance between shocker mounts 308mm :D

marksorrento205

Andy, did that rub much on the back? Is that the 6 powered one?

Fox
100_3459.jpg

jord294
Andy, did that rub much on the back? Is that the 6 powered one?

no rubbing at all mark, even with a full tank B)

std 8v. gutted i sold her. should of spent my money on respray :D

shalmaneser
Whats all this high or low position all about? You can set them to what ever height you want them at :D

I found that the splines only go in certain ways, one was 'high' the other 'low'.

Although I wasn't able to get the bars out of both stub axles which may have made life a little more difficult.

Jean_quemener

I found that the splines only go in certain ways, one was 'high' the other 'low'.

this is what i have been told

mine sits very low going to have to get a pic to show, but then again i havent got an engine in my car at the moment, will the back come up a bit when the engine is in?

Edited by Jean_quemener

Jrod

From what you are saying you are doing it the wrong way I think.

You should slide the torsion bar out enough so both ends are not in. You then set the distance between the shock bolts and refit the torsion bars. You will have to rotate the bars until they slide straight in with no resistance. This way you can have any height you want.

Mine:

img0224s.jpg

Tom Fenton

^What he said

This is my car with a 309 beam with Xsara VTS arms and +4mm each side track width.

Set at 302mm centres on 23mm bars I was expecting it to be a bit lower than it is.

205turbo003-8.jpg

Jrod
Set at 302mm centres on 23mm bars I was expecting it to be a bit lower than it is.

That's the fun of using uprated bars, trial and error is a PITA! ;)

shalmaneser
From what you are saying you are doing it the wrong way I think.

You should slide the torsion bar out enough so both ends are not in. You then set the distance between the shock bolts and refit the torsion bars. You will have to rotate the bars until they slide straight in with no resistance. This way you can have any height you want.

I'd like to be able to do this but as mentioned one of the TBs is basically welded into the swingarm. I'll get it apart over the summer and get a serious press on it which should make life easier!