• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest neilrocks

I Got 2 Nice Racks

Guest neilrocks

Hello Chaps!

I need a new rack for my '89 1.4xr. I do understand that a new one isn't expensive in the general term however, you see I'm a bit of a dirty pikey and really don't like (or can afford) to spend monies unecessarily. (shame the rack in my donor car is fooked as well!)

I've got access for free to a 1.6 auto 205 or a diesel model (not sure of years). Both racks seem really tight but before I take one out; are there any other differences other than: the "square" or "round-splined" fitment (& PAS of course)?

Please reply asap if you can, I'd like to get it done as soon as I can, need my car back!

Cheers Guys.

Baz

Either of them should fit fine, if you retain the lower columns with them then you should have the right bits to make them fit your car without getting stuck if yours is different to the rack. ;)

Guest neilrocks
Either of them should fit fine, if you retain the lower columns with them then you should have the right bits to make them fit your car without getting stuck if yours is different to the rack. ;)

Ah ha!!

Perfecto!!

Thanks fpr the help!

Guest neilrocks
Either of them should fit fine, if you retain the lower columns with them then you should have the right bits to make them fit your car without getting stuck if yours is different to the rack. :)

Cheers Baz,

Yep as you rightly said, I just needed the lower part of the column! All fitted and back on the road! Not bad for free!

Baz

No problem. :)