• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
custard-rallye

Lowering A 205 Rallye

custard-rallye

well as today was warm for a change i decided to lower my 205.

Got it all apart then back together and it was slammed. I have a dummy shock for setting distances, i have had a search and the most common is 315mm. Is that from the centres of the dummy shock?

Pugnut told me that the setting will be different as rallye torsion bars wont be as thick as a gti. I have also got a 1.9 gti a.r.b for it aswell if that makes any difference.

Any help would be great as i need it ready for work on monday.

RossD

I tried 315mm on mine but got major scrubbage over bumps (Using S2 Rallye steelies). Remember the rallye will have the base model wheel arches. I settled for about 320 - 322mm in the end for a decent compromise.

Mine is running GTi torsion bars too so you may have to go higher still because of the softer bars. Trial and error really.

Edited by RossD

Pugnut

Stefan, the ARB will make no difference to the ride height. you have a guide from Ross of 322mm on GTi TB's, so i'de maybe try 324/5 from the Centre to Centre of the shock mounting bolts

At least your TB's have been liberated, it takes no time to adjust them when everything is free'd up. I don't know anyone who has set their ride height correctly first time. If they did it was purely down to luck!