• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JayCC

Anti Roll Bar Drop Link

JayCC

Changing these today and have come across a problem.

My car is a 1992 1.9 gti and going of ECP website i needed part number 600545100. The side of the box says 205/309/VISA GTI.

However they are about 1inch longer than the ones taken off and the thread is too large to fit through the strut hole.

Any idea's?

Thanks

MerlinGTI
Any idea's?

Yup, take a photo side by side of the difference and take them back armed with said photo.

Then buy them from GSF where you will receive the correct items and higher quality ones at that :wub: (your lucky to get a year out of cheapo drop links, GSF ones are known good based on user reports on here and my own experiance)

Just personal experiance here, but Ive never really got on with ECP. Its either wrong/something missing/uber cheap and nasty. GSF on the other hand...

Edited by MerlinGTI

shalmaneser

ECP got me some Lemforder ones which were idenitical to the OE ones on the car (although not 20 years old) so they can be OK....mine fit perfectly though, in my experience motor factors are only too happy to give you the wrong part! Take 'em back and see what they say.

stutto

Sorry for thread resurrection but I've just fallen foul to this.

I bought the links online, whilst the discount promo was on. Today I went to fit them, found that they did not and phoned my local branch. They said bring them in and we'll check them with our stock.

I went over there, with the result being that they don't have the correct ones at all and that you need a returns authorisation to get a refund. So it looks like I will be going back next weekend.

Has anyone taken the, perhaps, easier option and opened up the mounting eye to 12mm?

welshpug

they sound like 106 droplinks incorrectly labelled.

stutto

they sound like 106 droplinks incorrectly labelled.

Can anyone tell me the Peugeot part number, they won't give me a refund unless I can prove that the parts are wrong.... :angry:

Tom Fenton

Take an old 205 one in and there is your proof. Personally if they had said that to me I would have shoved a drop link up the salesmans arse, called them a bunch of c*nts and stormed out never to return........

........and for a similar reason involving a pair of headlights that were not a pair, for 4 years and for the rest of my days I will never again use ECP in Sheffield.

Anthony

Yup, seems to be becoming common for 106 items to be supplied for 205/309's when they don't fit, and ECP is one culprit that has been mentioned on here before.

Don't bodge it and start drilling out holes, especially if they're different lengths.

stutto

Take an old 205 one in and there is your proof. Personally if they had said that to me I would have shoved a drop link up the salesmans arse, called them a bunch of c*nts and stormed out never to return........

........and for a similar reason involving a pair of headlights that were not a pair, for 4 years and for the rest of my days I will never again use ECP in Sheffield.

I took an old one in on Saturday but they would not give me a refund because I didn't have a returns authorisation.

They won't give me a returns authorisation because they are insisting that the part is correct....

Peugeot number is 508 732 - in my frustration I called my local dealer and asked.

If this does not get resolved I will not be using Euro Car Parts ever again, either.

stutto

Yup, seems to be becoming common for 106 items to be supplied for 205/309's when they don't fit, and ECP is one culprit that has been mentioned on here before.

Don't bodge it and start drilling out holes, especially if they're different lengths.

Yep they are also longer. I didn't drill out the mounts, I bought a pair from GSF.

It is just infuriating because I actually bought two pairs because there was 20% off.

GSF previously accepted a water pump back that I had ordered incorrectly and got a bit of sealant on before I realised my error :blush: - top customer service.

allye

Instead of opening a new thread I'm going to well and truely hijack this one rolleyes.gif Sorry.

I fitted my spax shocks a while ago on a base model sub frame so no drop links were needed. Where the drop links bolt to the strut I took the rubber washer type things out and binned them!

Now I have a GTI sub frame I need them back! Where can I buy them? I can't find them anywhere!

Thanks, Ali

Scrap that! I just service box'ed it, part number for the flexible washer - 6962 91 blush.gif

Edited by allye

welshpug

Here's some data from the motaqip ecat;

205 - Part number VSL 645, Part notes 10mm thread , 335mm long.

106 - Part Number VSL 665, M12x1.5, Length 394mm. (05/95>)

Quite clear that they are incorrectly labelled somewhere along the line, what brand are they?

Edited by welshpug

stutto

Here's some data from the motaqip ecat;

205 - Part number VSL 645, Part notes 10mm thread , 335mm long.

106 - Part Number VSL 665, M12x1.5, Length 394mm. (05/95>)

Quite clear that they are incorrectly labelled somewhere along the line, what brand are they?

Thanks and Q-Drive.