• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stretch

Need A Rear Axle

stretch

Hi hope someone can help

Ive just started to restore my 1.9 gti (starting with the rear axle) and fallen at the first hirdle !!!!!.

Axle itself is ok but both trailing arm shafts are goosed does anyone know where i can get some from (cheaper than main dealer prices ?)

Cheers!

I know shafts are same part no as on the 306 but not sure if axles with drums or discs have the same shaft?

Can i fit any other axle than 205 1.9 or 309 ive done a little measuring 306 axle is about 4 to 5 inch longer and mounts are about 2 inch out can anyone help ta!.

Edited by jackherer

jimistdt

Hello Stretch, to answer the question about the axle shafts they are the same throughout the 205's regardless whether they are drums or disc. They are also found on 306's and some Citroens - ZX's and Xsara's. I think the shafts are around the £80 mark or so from the dealer for each side, so anything less than that is a saving.

Daviewonder

I managed to get some arm shafts for £30 each +vat from GSF after a bit of haggling and them forgetting to send them out the first time I ordered them :D

jord294

pm'd :mellow:

stretch
Hello Stretch, to answer the question about the axle shafts they are the same throughout the 205's regardless whether they are drums or disc. They are also found on 306's and some Citroens - ZX's and Xsara's. I think the shafts are around the £80 mark or so from the dealer for each side, so anything less than that is a saving.

Hi thanks for your help I thought all the 306,s were the same have managed to get a 306 axle on drums so will prob rebuild mine at somepoint to sell on. :) ( Im picking up a 309 axle at the weekend so my project has finally started :D yepeeee!)

stretch
I managed to get some arm shafts for £30 each +vat from GSF after a bit of haggling and them forgetting to send them out the first time I ordered them :D

Thanks I dident know GSF did the shafts :) But im buying a 309 axle this weekend for it so problem solved

cheers