• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Raccoon

Dodgy Radio Wiring

Raccoon

Hey guys, I've had a new DVD/CD player combo thingy and all the wiring has been butchered, I've got a live wire and an earth and I have no idea where they go :D I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to wiring. Anyway just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction using these photos.

Filter Box with a live and earth

IMG_0120.jpg

The thing that goes into the back of the stereo (I think the earth and live originally went into this, although i cant remember where exactly)

IMG_0121.jpg

Same thing only different angle

IMG_0122.jpg

Any help would be great, I don't wanna go without a stereo but I don't wanna pay the £40 that Halfords asked for installation :D

Wes

the yellow is your permanent live, the black is earth, and the red is your switched live. whats on the other end of the loom in the pics?

Raccoon
the yellow is your permanent live, the black is earth, and the red is your switched live. whats on the other end of the loom in the pics?

Not sure what you mean by loom, let me know and I'll upload a photo.

Raccoon

Here's a photo of the whole thing, sorry about the quality.

IMG_0123.jpg

Raccoon

Even if someone can tell me what the connector in the 3rd photo is called it'll be a big help, I could do with a diagram explaining what goes where.