• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Confused On Torsion Bar Lowering

djinuk

Ok, ive lowered torsion bars using a puller to remove them however there is a user on 106 gti owners club who states

'i use an old torsion bar with the end cut off an drive the torions bars out and then repalce the bars at the ride height you want

'

Im trying to get my head around how this is possible as would i be wrong in saying i cant knock them through as the sames are capped where the screw comes through ?

Daviewonder

They're not capped on the 106, offset washer and bolt both ends.

djinuk

ah that explains it then, i imagine 106's are really easy then to be fair, metal bar, bang bang bang and out.

are the saxos the same ?

custard-rallye

yes they are the same and i didnt no there was a difference between the 106 and 205 handy as i plan on lowering mine this weekend

james_pug
ah that explains it then, i imagine 106's are really easy then to be fair, metal bar, bang bang bang and out.

are the saxos the same ?

not realy easy but easier than a 205, the beams dont seem to be holding up that well though most are already needing bearings and the stub pins cant be replaced like the 205